Multi-segment soil moisture and temperature profiling probe
GroPoint Profile provides cost-effective measurement of volumetric water content over multiple depths using a single probe, eliminating the cumbersome excavation required for multiple sensors placed at different depths. It can be deployed in irrigation-sensitive zones to enable full control of precision irrigation needs, providing an understanding of water movement through the soil.
The sleek, lightweight design installs quickly with minimal soil disruption using a pilot rod and slide hammer tool. Designed for vertical installation, the sensor takes measurements over multiple soil layers, with each measurement zone (segment) providing the average volumetric soil moisture content over a 15 cm range (approximately 6 inches).
Unlike any other soil profiling probe, GroPoint Profile provides true soil profiling quantification, measuring the average moisture across the entire length of each segment (15 cm or 6"). This unique feature allows measuring the water movement through the soil continuously, rather than just at discrete positions on the probe.
The Most Accurate and Cost-Effective Soil Profiling Solution Available
- Eliminates need for multiple sensors and cabling systems.
- Installs quickly and easily without excavating.
- One SDI-12 address is used to read all segments, providing for simplified installations. Optional RS-485 output.
- Moisture readings can be user-calibrated with 3rd-order polynomials to meet custom requirements.
- Low power requirements - suitable for remote, autonomous applications.
- Patented TDT5 technology for scientific-grade accuracy and excellent long-term stability of measurements.
- Fully potted electronics for excellent durability.
GroPoint Profile is available in six different multi-segment lengths, suitable for a wide range of agricultural crop monitoring.
You can also choose from two different configurations for temperature sensors, depending on your requirements. You can configure it with no temperature sensors if you only require moisture measurement, or the standard configuration places temperature sensors every 1 or 2 segments.
- Soil moisture profiling probe
- Optional temperature measurement
- SDI-12 interface
- Based on unique TDT5 technology.
- Comes with 5 m (16.4') durable cable (4-pin IP68-rated EN3 connector optional).
- Factory-calibrated for most agricultural soils, but can be custom calibrated before shipping - request when ordering.
- Sensor can be custom calibrated by the customer - see detailed procedure in the User Manual.