- Model: HydraProbe
- MPN: 93640
HydraProbe is a rugged soil sensor with patented technology that provides continual, consistent accuracy measuring the three most significant soil parameters simultaneously - moisture, salinity and temperature.
As the most scientifically researched soil sensor available, it has been depended on by the USDA, NOAA, NASA, leading irrigation companies, and many universities for over 20 years. It’s been engineered to be exceptionally rugged and will provide data that you can trust year after year.
Continual, long-term data without calibration.
- Stable - no sensor drift, ensuring continual accuracy.
- Patented technology that accurately measures moisture and electrical conductivity permits more accurate optimization of watering and fertilization than with just moisture.
- Depended on by the USDA, NOAA, leading irrigation companies, and many universities for over 20 years. Used by NASA for ground truthing of satellite-based soil imaging.
- Soil moisture calibration has been rigorously peer-reviewed, making it one of the most trusted soil sensors available.
Durable stainless steel tines, fully potted components and a 5-year warranty.
- Can remain in-situ indefinitely, or relocated and redeployed without worry.
- Ideal for remote locations, harsh environments and applications where data is critical.
- Enables measurement of native (undisturbed) soil, even hard-packed clay.
- Industry-leading 5-year warranty.
Forget calibrating, ignore the soil type. Just set it and forget it.
- Repeatable accuracy and stability without the need for calibration in most soils.
- Digital sensor using the SDI-12 protocol - no setup, just connect to data logger. Compatible with any SDI-12 capable data logger.
- Zero maintenance required.
Consistent research-grade accuracy every season, every location.
- Unparalleled spatial and temporal measurement consistency. No sensor-to-sensor variations across locations, seasons, soil types or moisture range.
- Instant measurement of the 3 most significant soil parameters simultaneously - moisture, salinity and temperature.
- Unlike most TDR or capacitance-based sensors, HydraProbe is less sensitive to changes in temperature, salinity, and soil mineralogy.
Patented Sensor Technology
HydraProbe uses unique "Coaxial Impedance Dielectric Reflectometry" to provide consistent long-term accuracy of moisture, salinity and temperature in any soil type. This also provides low inter-sensor variability, so every sensor measures the same without the need to calibrate.